• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

copy google play movies to usb stick

suavemike

Lurker
Aug 16, 2012
I have an OTG cable and a usb stick I just bought. My plan was to download the movies I rent through google play to my usb stick since I don't have much room with my 8gb nexus 7. I can't figure out how to get the movies to download to the usb stick.

I have stickmount. I can see the drive but how in the world do I get them to download to the stick?

Please help!

Upvote 0
google recognised that people like to root their devices but still wanted to pay for rentals through google play so they changed how the digital license gets encrypted, so yes you can watch rented movies now on a rooted device. google wallet though is a whole other problem...

also my rooted s3 running ics plays rentals fine too

Upvote 0
google recognised that people like to root their devices but still wanted to pay for rentals through google play so they changed how the digital license gets encrypted, so yes you can watch rented movies now on a rooted device. google wallet though is a whole other problem...

also my rooted s3 running ics plays rentals fine too
Google Wallet is not a problem. Unlocked, rooted N7 with Wallet activated, received $10 credit, paid for lunch at a McDonalds. You get a banner stating it is not compatible, but that is incorrect. It works fine, rooted or not. I have done it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones