1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

copy google play movies to usb stick

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by suavemike, Aug 16, 2012.

1. suavemike

suavemike Lurker

I have an OTG cable and a usb stick I just bought. My plan was to download the movies I rent through google play to my usb stick since I don't have much room with my 8gb nexus 7. I can't figure out how to get the movies to download to the usb stick.

I have stickmount. I can see the drive but how in the world do I get them to download to the stick?

Please help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

3. Oakraidr

Oakraidr Newbie

4. BubbaHotepUK

BubbaHotepUK Member

Note that if you root the device, Google Movies knows this and won't let you plat the content you have purchased.

5. Are you sure about that Bubba? I'm watching transformers on my rooted N7 right now...

6. BubbaHotepUK

BubbaHotepUK Member

Ah well, certainly was the case on ICS, maybe they changed it for Jellybean? Hope so, it's the one thing holding me off rooting the N7.

Have you tried content you bought on the Play store, rather than Transformers, just in case there is no DRM on the freebie?

7. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Android Enthusiast

google recognised that people like to root their devices but still wanted to pay for rentals through google play so they changed how the digital license gets encrypted, so yes you can watch rented movies now on a rooted device. google wallet though is a whole other problem...

also my rooted s3 running ics plays rentals fine too

8. rootbrain

rootbrain Android Enthusiast

That's not correct. I can watch Tranformers online or downloaded.

Rooted here.

Rootbrain

9. Groid

Groid Android Enthusiast

Google Wallet is not a problem. Unlocked, rooted N7 with Wallet activated, received $10 credit, paid for lunch at a McDonalds. You get a banner stating it is not compatible, but that is incorrect. It works fine, rooted or not. I have done it.

10. russhoopes

russhoopes Newbie

Anyone know what folder the movies from Google play are downloaded to? I want to move them to a flash drive but can't seem to find the files with ROM toolbox pro.

11. GingerRob

GingerRob Well-Known Member

Android/data/com.google.android.videos/files/movies.
    But it is not filed as the film title.