• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Copy to clipboard doubled; crashes Chrome

Somniferum

Android Enthusiast
Jan 14, 2010
So when I try to share a link from Chrome, I get this:

Deq5dds.png

For some reason "Copy to clipboard" is duplicated, the second instance having a different, almost transparent icon. If I click the second instance, it crashes Chrome. The first instance works fine. When I share from other apps, "Copy to clipboard" only appears once as normal.

Anyone else experiencing this weird duplication, or know of a way to fix it? Obviously I can just use the first instance, but it's annoying.

Thanks!

Like I said when I select the second one, it crashes Chrome. Deleting data and cache has no effect, but if I click "Uninstall updates" and revert to the factory version of Chrome, the duplicate goes away. When I install the update again though it comes back. I'm on 4.4.4 and have never been rooted - completely stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones