• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Corporate e-mail - port 80 won't save

Your phone won't be running any kind of web server, it won't use port 80. Since you refer to corporate email in the title, there could be some LAN traffic that might be involving in-house web services where a server might be using port 80 but again, that's on the server side.

I am talking about the setting of the corporate client that is built into Android. It uses ActiveSync, and port 80(or 443 if you choose). Look in the settings if you don't believe me. You are not addressing my original question whatsoever, and don't understand how to setup an Android with an Exchange server. Please stop responding. Thank you.

Upvote 0
Has anyone seen it where the Android email client won't save Port 80? It reverts immediately back to port 443. It will work once, then when I go back into settings....it's back to 443.
Port 80 is declared insecure and not fit to transmit email. This is no different from transferring using port 25. Port 443 is the standard and used by both Google & Office 365. As a user of both I am forbidden from using port 80 for text or RTF nased transmission.

Whether or not your company allowed it the change is probably not because of your device but the server's Group Policy certificate which can force parameters even if you change them on your end.

Reactions: svim
Upvote 0
Port 80 is declared insecure and not fit to transmit email. This is no different from transferring using port 25. Port 443 is the standard and used by both Google & Office 365. As a user of both I am forbidden from using port 80 for text or RTF nased transmission.

Whether or not your company allowed it the change is probably not because of your device but the server's Group Policy certificate which can force parameters even if you change them on your end.
All the the other phones function like this. The Android client won't update these settings due to a group policy. The OS is not remembering the setting. I'm replacing the phone. This thread is closed, not interested in any other comments. Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones