• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ***Corrupted SD Card Fix***

Heloguy

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2011
Matawan,NJ
Hi all,
over the weekend I experienced the issue of a Corrupted SD Card with the message that I needed to format my card, that many of you have had in the past. Naturally, I panicked because I had so many files, Pics, etc. on the card.
After spending hours downloading programs that did not help at all, I stumbled on this post from another forum that worked like a charm, and recovered my SD Card in less than 30 seconds.

I take no credit for this fix whatsoever, and I am only posting the link for all of our members who might encounter this in the future.

Mods, please feel free to move this thread or do what you see fit with it.

[GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I cant stress this enough......BACKUP YOUR CARDS OCCASIONALLY!!! It is better to lose a few files than all files.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones