• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Couple ?'s about SD card when re-flashing

Eris1981

Android Enthusiast
Apr 23, 2010
Since it was so easy to flash the Ivans Rom and I really like it, before I decide completely I wanted to try flashing a 2.2 Rom [Nonsensikal black].

How will this work with the memory card, should I pull it and use a different [clean] one? I have a lot of data on it in the form of pictures and music.

There is a titanium backup, as well as a nand backup on there as well. How would I restore from these, I have not done it before?

I also run the Swype keyboard, if I restore programs using the Titanium backup, is this one that would be able to be restored?

Thanks guys! I have searched around and think I have a handle on it, but am looking for a little clarification.

Nand restore is just done from the recovery menu, pretty easy to get to. As for the apps, just install titanium backup and under the backup/restore tab you have to manually restore all of them unless you buy the full app and use the batch restore.

As for the sd card, unless you made an ext partition for apps2sd I wouldn't worry about switching cards.

Upvote 0
Nand restore is just done from the recovery menu, pretty easy to get to. As for the apps, just install titanium backup and under the backup/restore tab you have to manually restore all of them unless you buy the full app and use the batch restore.

As for the sd card, unless you made an ext partition for apps2sd I wouldn't worry about switching cards.

I already have the nand and titanium backups saved. [full paid version of Titanium] They are on the SD card

The questions are, do I have to reinstall Titanium backup from the market in order to restore? I would assume YES. and

Can these backups be left on the existing memory card when I flash the Froyo Rom without harm. I thought Foyo had to repartition the SD card.

Upvote 0
Yes, as I said you just need to install titanium after flashing and booting up.

And I'm pretty sure the only reason froyo roms would need the sd card reformatted was if it had a split partition for ext with apps2sd. The only time I remember having to do an sd card wipe going between 2.1 and 2.2 was after trying out apps2sd on evil eris

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones