• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cover art of albums?

hmm.. i tried the stock music app, doubletwist, and now google music.. they all read the artwork the same. when it didnt work, it didnt seem to be a problem with the player but the fact that my music was in .m4a format.. i converted my entire library to mp3 and artwork appears perfectly on all the music players. although ive heard many good things about poweramp, maybe u could try that first

Upvote 0
Try 'cover art downloader'

I used 'media fix' for artist names and then 'cover art downloader' for artwork. If you have wrong artwork like I had you can also use it to remove and get correct one.

how's the quality of the artwork with that app? coz i had downloaded artwork manually on itunes, and it looked fine on my ipod touch.. but on my phone, using google music or other players, some of the lesser resolution artwork looked pretty bad. is the quality consistent for all albums, and does it get any artwork wrong? im a bit particular, lol

EDIT: it looks great and got high ratings.. but i noticed its not available for google music 3.0 on 2.3.4 yet. thats wat im using. damn! will be checking for updated versions soon. although i dont know why it needs to work with a music player? doesnt it just tag the mp3 themselves?

Upvote 0
The best way is to use Album Art Downloader on your PC, download high quality album art, and then embed it in mp3tag. Maintaining a properly tagged collection is awesome after the initial outlay in time. Otherwise I'd recommend PowerAMP, its the best Android music player out there, so you'll probably wind up getting it anyway.

Reactions: heshanj
Upvote 0
Remember that for album artwork to be made available to players other than itunes, it needs to be embedded into each individual mp3 file. Itunes does not do this by default, it uses a reference to a specially stored file in it's library. If you purchase mp3's from the iTunes store, Amazon or Play.com, the artwork should be embedded. We are talking about you burning your own CD's here I take it...

If (in iTunes) you select songs and manually drag artwork over to the artwork box, this will embed the artwork within mp3's, so, for example, if you then copy your files from your computer to your gs2, the artwork will be seen by all he music apps such as doubleTwist et al, without installing any other artwork grabbers.

If you have lots of albums in iTunes with artwork available to iTunes only (this happens even when you do the 'get album artwork' if it is not already done automatically) there is a neat way to force it to embed if you have a Mac. I'm sure there is also a way if you have a PC. For the Mac, download the action script called 'Embed Artwork'. A quick search on Google will point you in the right direction with instructions.

Once done, all you r mp3's will have the artwork available to any media player reading them...

Cheers
Steve

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones