• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CPU Boost or Set CPU?

Cpuboost has a nice "nitros" widget that will let you run at max when you want it. The only issue I have had is my setting switches to "on demand" after a while, but that may be because it's the free version.
I recomend you try both and see what's best for you. Give it a couple days with setcpu, uninstall and try cpuboost and decide for yourself.

Upvote 0
What settings should I use with set cpu? There are so many to choose from. I'm currently using cpuboost and wanted to try something different. Thank you for your help.

GOVERNOR:INTERACTIVE

CPU MAX:710(THE MAX FOR MY ROM[CM7],YOUR ACTUAL MAXIMUM MAY VARY DEPENDING ON WHICH ROM YOU'RE RUNNING).
CPU MIN:245

SET ON BOOT:ENABLE (If you start experiencing reboot issues right after initial boot,disable this setting)

ADVANCED SETTINGS :

SCREEN ON/OFF:ENABLE

SCREEN OFF MAX:245
SCREEN OFF MIN:122

BATTERY TEMP(45°C,I use this per the safe Max stated on the battery label)

CPU MAX:245
CPU MIN:122

BATTERY LEVEL(15%)

CPU MAX:245
CPU MIN:122

INVISIBLE MODE:OFF

WIDGET(NITROS):OFF

Reactions: Maddogf250
Upvote 0
I use the cyanogenmod settings in CM7 and dont see a need for another app to do whats builtin already, but thats me lol

I understand that while using the stock CPU settings that the 'SMARTASS' Governor setting accomplishes the 'SCREEN ON/OFF' Profile.

Does the stock CPU settings also automatically adjust for high temp or low battery situations?

Just curious,because if it does,then I'd drop the additional CPU app as it wouldn't be necessary.

Upvote 0
I understand that while using the stock CPU settings that the 'SMARTASS' Governor setting accomplishes the 'SCREEN ON/OFF' Profile.

Does the stock CPU settings also automatically adjust for high temp or low battery situations?

Just curious,because if it does,then I'd drop the additional CPU app as it wouldn't be necessary.
I would assume so as I have never had any issues lol. I think some ppl just like having extra settings to mess with lol.

Upvote 0
I would assume so as I have never had any issues lol. I think some ppl just like having extra settings to mess with lol.

I'm not one of them,I prefer to keep it simple.That was my reasoning for originally opting for CPU BOOST over SET CPU before these ROMS hit the scene.
THX for the info,it does make sense, especially the high temp profile already being built-in as a safeguard & not having to make it a manually adjustable parameter.
I just thought I'd try to keep using it,especially for tweaking the SCREEN ON/OFF profile to squeeze as much life out of the battery between charges.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones