• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cpu help

1iwilly

Android Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2011
kissimmee fl
hello to all
is there a good working free cpu tuner app.?? that you recommend or even a paid one that has been tested.that won't kill my batt ben doing lots of reading but i'm at lost as to what is good or bad been it is my 1st android phone i don't want to mess it up i install the free juice defender battery savor as a trial run been that it has over 54.000 downloads. and i'm still looking for a T9 style keyboard. thanks

As far as I know handscent and better keyboard both have t9 options however if you are looking for a really good keyboard with good predictions I would reccomend you go for swiftkey x. It learns from your facebook email and sms so it makes texting alot faster and easier, it also has stats which tells you the percentage of sufficiency you have reached since using its predictions and also shows keystrokes saved.

setcpu is what I use and although its a paid app you can get it free by signing up at xda, although a donation of some sort would be greatly appreciated by the devs as it is a great app for controlling your cpu speed and i believe a necessity for overclocking.

I have never really used a battery saver or task killer as I seem to always have a charger around so I couldnt help you there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones