• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Create an app to access and external exported activity

vellangelus

Lurker
Oct 18, 2019
Hi! I am new in Android development, I would like to ask how would be the code for an app "A" with a button to call an activity from another app "B" that is exported. If this activity give you access to sdcard files, how can I download those files or modify those files from the app "A". This would be for hacking demonstration purposes

Hi! I am new in Android development, I would like to ask how would be the code for an app "A" with a button to call an activity from another app "B" that is exported. If this activity give you access to sdcard files, how can I download those files or modify those files from the app "A". This would be for hacking demonstration purposes

You'll be using Intents. Google has guides to teach you how to do that and there are other sites on the web with tutorials.
https://developer.android.com/training/basics/intents

Read the last sentence in the first paragraph, which is what you described that you'd like to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones