• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Create Shortcut for Applications

Sgroi

Lurker
May 21, 2011
I have been searching for an answer to this all day, I apologize if the answer is already given but I can't find it.

I just switched to LauncherPro, so far I like it alot.

What I am looking to do is to create the "same" shortcut that is already in the scrollable dock for "applications". I do not really want to install another app to do it, I just want the shortcut. I want it on the home screen and not in the dock. For the life of me I can't figure it out. It is available on the dock for LauncherPro and also in the Dock for the Stock Sprint Launcher.

Please someone just tell me that I am an idiot and did't figure it out on my own.

Samsung Epic

You can get help a little faster by filling out your profile to include the phone you r using.
So I'll try n e way like on my X. Go to screen you want shortcot on, open dock, press and hold app u want and presto! There it is. More tips and tricks can b found right there in your phone.
Not trying to b a S/ A, just it does take more time to get fast answers here and
GOOD HELP IS HARD TO FIND.If this helps please remember to hit " thanks" button in bottom right of answer in post. Olskool

Reactions: Sgroi
Upvote 0
You can get help a little faster by filling out your profile to include the phone you r using.
So I'll try n e way like on my X. Go to screen you want shortcot on, open dock, press and hold app u want and presto! There it is. More tips and tricks can b found right there in your phone.
Not trying to b a S/ A, just it does take more time to get fast answers here and
GOOD HELP IS HARD TO FIND.If this helps please remember to hit " thanks" button in bottom right of answer in post. Olskool

I will update my profile but I did put my phone model in the post. Samsung Epic

I know what you explained, but I am talking about a shortcut to ALL applications. Not just a single. Now there is an icon that has all little squares that brings you to the new page with ALL apps.

Sorry for the confusion

Upvote 0
I have been searching for an answer to this all day, I apologize if the answer is already given but I can't find it.

I just switched to LauncherPro, so far I like it alot.

What I am looking to do is to create the "same" shortcut that is already in the scrollable dock for "applications". I do not really want to install another app to do it, I just want the shortcut. I want it on the home screen and not in the dock. For the life of me I can't figure it out. It is available on the dock for LauncherPro and also in the Dock for the Stock Sprint Launcher.

Please someone just tell me that I am an idiot and did't figure it out on my own.

Samsung Epic

I'm not sure why you would want the same apps on your home screens, as in the app drawer. But, I use an app, from the market, called "AppOrgainizer". What this app does, is allow you to creat folders, (Like the iphone4 iOS) to place related apps in. You then can place these folders on your home screen. For example: my games folder has over 10 of my game apps in it, right there in one place. Also, it helps keep your home screens less cluttered, while keeping you orginized at the same time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones