• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help creating new picture folders

tha_dude34

Lurker
Jun 22, 2010
Can anyone explain to me on how I can create separate picture folsers on my phone? For instance, if I want an album dedicated to my car and another album with vacation pics, how would i do this? I tried creating a folder with my phone hooked up to my pc but the folders won't show up. Any ideas?
Thanks

I set the device as a disk drive to the computer, and just added folders. My current structure is as follows:
Code:
Root
|- Media
|- - Photo
|- - - Backgrounds
|- - - Hotties
|- - Movies
etc.

The phone will automatically find the folders. If you do not have a computer close to do that, a program such as Astro for the phone can create new folders and whatnot.

EDIT: By the way, movies and photos recorded on the phone are sent to the DCIM folder. I don't know if the phone will recognize subfolders in DCIM, so I just put a 'media' folder under root for all my media, then subfolder that.

Upvote 0
Definitely setting up as hard drive is the easiest way, or you can use a program called "astro".

I created an "images" folder under the "SD" folder, and then folders under that. It will then show up in your gallery application. The only problem is that when you take pictures, it still saves automatically to the "camera" folder. You still will need to organize each time.

Denise

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones