• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Criskelo ROM New kitchen

fantastic. the phandroid rom bitch never lets us down!!!

i got a little put off by the "look", the screenshots look a bit like rarity rom to me.

but was tempted by it being a kj2 base - reports on this seem good.

will be good to hear a report/review from someone we trust:)

Upvote 0
this installs with KI4 modem and nimph 2.1.3 as default, so I put siyah 2.2 beta3 straight away.
this rom comes with TW4, but I'm so used to GO Launcher (and all my settings saved from previous roms) i've not delved into it yet.
there is a talkback and gingerbread keyboards in addition to the usual samsung and swype.
the version of swype (3.25.91.33835.33848.1418.OXX) has a personal dictionary option to oversee all your saved words. This is an older version compared to Dlev and CheckRom's swype (3.8.86.28077.28088.2162.GTI9100)
i dont like the bundled theme, or any of the themes available from the kitchen. call me old fashioned, but i just prefer a slightly more stock look. The theme (especially the notification bar an power menus) just look too spruced up for my liking. the name of a theme applied through the kitchen gets added to the settings>about screen which is a nice touch. i would definitely install one of the JKay themes when he releases KJ2 however.
there is a 3D dialler mod/theme which is very nice indeed.
calculator has a 3d feel also.
i downloaded a bubble battery mod. Its very nice indeed, but goes second place for me to the good old circle battery mod which i still regard to be the best with an easily readable percentage indicator
i dont like the light background of the stock calendar app. I'm not sure if this is due to the new version of the app, or due to themeing.

there are about 8 extra notification sounds, all in Chinese text. there are also about 8 new ringtones, thankfully with english text.

the kitchen app is an improvement to manual downloads, but is not up to the standard of checkrom revolution. has modems, battery, kernels, addons, tutorials and themes sections. all are self explanatory, but in addons there are things such as vingo, the 3d dialler pad.

Kies air gets installed as standard, as does the samsung app to handle remote controll (dive etc)

I updated the boot animation to the standard one off Rarity which is by far the best I've seen up to now.

To sum up, this seems a very good rom. Its responsive and snappy, and with Siyah 2.2 beta3 i've not noticed any lag. This is my first taste of a KJ? ROM, but I would say its no better than my current top two of Dlev and CheckROM (both KI3) Its certainly a keeper however, at least until JKay KJ2 themes start filtering through. I may see it in different light with a bit more theme normality, as i think the too fussy icons everywhere are putting me off somewhat.

Reactions: Sydney99
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones