1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Crud. Screen scratched

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jevid, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Jevid

Jevid Member

After three weeks of very careful use, my Eris has a small (but annoying) scratch on the screen. When the background behind the scratch is white, it gets shimmery and prismatic looking. Shoot. Wasn't going to get a screen protector but probably will now to hide the scratch :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. W4LLY

W4LLY Android Enthusiast

film screens ftw.

3. hrbib21

hrbib21 Android Expert

Prismatic...running to get my dictionary...

Yeah man, you really do need a screen protector, even if it's only a cheap "Ebay special" like I got (5 for $3.99, can't beat it).

4. W4LLY

W4LLY Android Enthusiast

prismatic: (v) the art of describing something that invokes the use of the word "prisms"

5. Wolfdroid

Wolfdroid Newbie

Sorry to hear that, but thanks a least you have convinced me now that i do need a screen protector.

6. Jevid

Jevid Member

Yeah, figured I would post just to say "scratch happens." I ordered some cheap ones off Ebay, we'll see how they are. Really don't like using screen protectors, but if I already have one scratch after three weeks, I hate to think what six month's will look like :) I've done some searching and it looks like people successfully remove scratches from iPhone screens - but they are glass. Does the Eris have a glass screen? Seems to me that it does.

Thanks -

Oh, and "prismatic," I'm pretty sure I just made it up, I don't know, seemed better than saying "all prismy" ;)

7. Jevid

Jevid Member

I just saw this post at Howard Forums. Somebody emailed HTC asking if the screen was glass or plastic and this was the response:

Thanks for contacting HTC Email Technical Support regarding your if the Droid Erise has Glass in on the touch screen.....

No it doesn't on the touch screen - that is a certain type of plastic. But i will tell you that the device does have glass below that at some point. There are a few different laters of polymers before you get to the glass.

So, I wonder if any of the products sold to get scratches off of plastic would work on the Eris screen?

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews