• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Curtis Klu 1041 tablet 10.1 decent??

Hello,
I just bought a Curtis Klu 10.1 screen with Jellybean android 4.1.1 I was surprised at the price 120.00 ( USD) has anyone bought one?? I don't like that I cant use the Google play store but for now I have the 1 mobile market it has over 300,000 apps games ect... so for now I can get by without the Google play store.
I am using this tablet as a back up to my other one a Toshiba excite 10 which I love!!
I am surprised so far just now nice this off brand tablet seems to work! I know sometime there will be a root available for it so I will be on the look out for it, until then has anyone bought one other than me?? and Curtis?? who are they!
well for now it seems to work great and the battery lasts me all day I am not a gamer I use it for the internet and my work. I am just curious if anyone else has one and what their experience has been with Curtis.
Thanks!!

p.s.
I bought it at HH Gregg retail store

after buying one off brand tablet that I was able to do little with I swore them off. I think it is worth the extra few bucks to buy name brand that supports Google Play. I was able to root mine and get a little more out of it but in the end most apps that I was using once an update happend they stopped working. Since then I bought a Google Nexus 7 and couldnt be happier with it. I still have the other one but really now its there more for a reminder of why I don't want to go cheap any more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones