• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey all, this is the first time posting in this forum (GS2 T989). Are there any custom Kernels for the T989? I have AOKP 4.1.2 installed on it and I only have 6 Governor's to choose from. And not to mention I am not able to Overclock the phone. Can someone point me in the proper direction? Please.

Hi bfldworker :hello: Check the All Things Root Guide. You'll find links to several kernels in it. I just run rooted stock so I can't recommend any particular one. When you overclock, just make sure you don't select 'set at boot' until you know you're not going to bootloop or something. And be very careful if you undervolt. I've seen more than one phone in an un-fixable bootloop because of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones