• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Custom ROM] Howard ROM (v1.5 4.4.4) - Nexus 7 2013

Googles fine now. And the twrp thing I'm still working on but I'm good. I had to reflash the kernel a couple times. It was crashing on 1.9 GHz for me. Seems pretty stable so far on 1.836 ghz. Although it restarts my tablet sometimes. I'm gonna give it a day or two to come around. Thanks for the replies and the kernel, though.

If you check out the screenshots link I have a quadrant standard screenshot of my nexus 7 with the kernel installed @1.94GHz.

Also if everyone wants to know when the next update will come out it will be a little after cm11 M6 is released. The M's are the most stable builds available and they have many of the new features, but if the is a nightly build and it has something new in it, I will try and get to making an updated version and I will let you guys know that it can be buggy (nightly)

Hope you guys have amazing battery life and performance with your nexus's!

Upvote 0
quick question...not if its because of the kernel or what wrong but is there any particular reason why my video streaming lags now? sometimes i'll be watching a video (actually it happens all the time) and i have to pause it or rewind it a little to make it work properly. and it force closes on me, too...pretty often. it happens whenever i stream videos. it never used to happen before. its happens with youtube, showbox, mxplayer, and sometimes netflix. my connection is fine (wifi) and i have a really good dual-broadband router...its like top of the line. any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Upvote 0
Alright guys. I have a little dilemma.. I'm not sure if I want to give you guys an unstable update but with android 4.4.3/4.4.4 or wait till L.. I'm also thinking about making a ROM based off of android L.. I could give you guys L before its even released. But I need some support guys. This will be the first time building a full ROM from files I can get in android L... Let me know guys. Thanks for all of the support you have given me so far!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones