• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CWM] Development Thread

I know you have tried w/o them which I assume means stripping them from the recovery.img however has anyone tried just replacing them with smaller file size replacements such as a picture of just a color or a .jpeg which uses less data? Dummy images basically to fool into thinking they are there but aren't.

Me and PG have tried all sorts of ways. I have compiled cwm with transparent 1px images even, recovery just wont flash. I have given up trying to mod this phone,biggest pos I have ever owned.

Upvote 0
I used the check for update option in the settings/about phone/check for update. it downloaded a 3.5mb update.zip and rebooted into recovery and errored out something about code 7. I tried installing it manually from sd card in recovery and it gave a different error. something with the update I presume. and I tried this on rooted and non rooted. I was already up to date with the updates from the website as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones