• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CWM + mac complications

Lobsteroll

Apr 28, 2011
I'm having some trouble installing Clockwork Mod Recovery, The phone after rebooting is staying at the huawei screen, nothing mounts onto the desktop. If I try to install the .img while the phone is on there is an error message saying that there is no mountable file system. Every guide/vide I've found has been on either windows or linux. Has anyone done this on a mac or should I do this over with a pc?

Alright, got CWM on the phone, and have followed the guide through, go to install zip from sd and get this error message
"Amend scripting is no longer supported. amend scripting was depreciated by google in android 1.5 It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the clockworkmod 3.0 gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to edify scripting to create working update zip packages. Installation aborted.

Upvote 0
Alright, got CWM on the phone, and have followed the guide through, go to install zip from sd and get this error message
"Amend scripting is no longer supported. amend scripting was depreciated by google in android 1.5 It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the clockworkmod 3.0 gingerbread based recovery. Please switch to edify scripting to create working update zip packages. Installation aborted.

What are you trying to install and what version of cwm do you have? Looks like you have the wrong one. If it is icarus you need 2.XXX version.

Upvote 0
Using Rom Manager v4.2.0.2 (this is how I got CWMrecovery)
The Rom was icarusmod-1.1-signed.zip

Rom manager and cwm is two different things. You can get cwm from rom manager but it is not the right version for icarus. If you are unable to flash the 2.XXX version of ClockWorkMod on to your phone you will not be able to use the Icarus rom. You can use the CM6 and CM7 mods but not icarus. It clearly states that in the directions of icarus it even explains why.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones