• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root CyanogenMod 6.1/Android 2.2 Is here for GT540!

Ill give it a go sure! One question, all I use my phone are phone calls, text message, wifi, music and taking pictures do all these things work with 2.2.1?
Thanks in advance!

Awesome! Just check out the automatic install if you're still feeling a bit iffy with it :)

They all work perfectly with the minor exception of the camera - the camera button doesn't work, you have to push the button on screen. If that's a major problem for you, then install CyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3, the camera button works along with those other features, and it's more up to date ;) There's an automatic install for that as well, I created both posts :p http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus...-android-2-3-avaliable-gt540.html#post2270185

Upvote 0
Awesome! Just check out the automatic install if you're still feeling a bit iffy with it :)

They all work perfectly with the minor exception of the camera - the camera button doesn't work, you have to push the button on screen. If that's a major problem for you, then install CyanogenMod 7/Android 2.3, the camera button works along with those other features, and it's more up to date ;) There's an automatic install for that as well, I created both posts :p http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus...-android-2-3-avaliable-gt540.html#post2270185
Aw you created that just for me lol! Thanks loads dude!

Upvote 0
Yeah pretty much, I realised that most of installing was with cmd, and I know how to create batch files (one file that tells cmd what to do). I never thought about making it until you came along! :D
Cool! One last thing I swear this is the last question. Ever since I updated to 2.1 with the offical LG update the LG and Anroid logo dont appear when I boot up will this effect the fast boot process or am I ok?
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Cool! One last thing I swear this is the last question. Ever since I updated to 2.1 with the offical LG update the LG and Anroid logo dont appear when I boot up will this effect the fast boot process or am I ok?
Thanks!

It's alright, if you got anymore problems, don't hesitate to ask! :)

How to restore the boot logo's so you can get into recovery:
Thanks to thel2dab for these instructions! :D

1. Download the KDZ updater from here if you haven

Upvote 0
I have updated successfully to CyanogenMod 6.1.1 (Android 2.2.1) at my first attempt, but there's has been an issue getting in to the fastboot mode (the camera button hold thing doesn't work at all), so I thought of re-updating and re-flashing will solve my problem.Went through the steps again in the updating section it displays a error message and didn't completed the updating process and my phone got blanked screen :( then I ran the update process again at that time it completed successfully but didn't get booted can't even enter the fastboot also :(.When I turn on the phone after removing and replacing the battery it will vibrate and nothing happens.I don't have any idea:thinking::thinking: of solving this problem now :( and requesting your help.

Upvote 0
I have updated successfully to CyanogenMod 6.1.1 (Android 2.2.1) at my first attempt, but there's has been an issue getting in to the fastboot mode (the camera button hold thing doesn't work at all), so I thought of re-updating and re-flashing will solve my problem.Went through the steps again in the updating section it displays a error message and didn't completed the updating process and my phone got blanked screen :( then I ran the update process again at that time it completed successfully but didn't get booted can't even enter the fastboot also :(.When I turn on the phone after removing and replacing the battery it will vibrate and nothing happens.I don't have any idea:thinking::thinking: of solving this problem now :( and requesting your help.

So have you done it? Because your first sentence says you have..?:thinking:

Upvote 0
Yes all works at the first time, then I tried to install Gingerbread theme (needs recovery) but I couldn't get in to fastboot in order to install recovery. So I thought of re-flashing that caused this problem :(

Ah, I see, so you tried to go from 2.2 to 2.1+fastboot? That's not a good thing to try.. fastboot mode, when you hold the camera button, what happens?

Upvote 0
Ah, I see, so you tried to go from 2.2 to 2.1+fastboot? That's not a good thing to try.. fastboot mode, when you hold the camera button, what happens?

No dude this is what happened.

1st time all went well got install everything even the fastboot....

Then I thought of installing the Gingerbread theme so since the recovery mode is not installed I tried to get in to fastboot and install it but it didn't work at all.

Then I thought of re-flashing (same 2.2) will fix this fastboot issue, but it all went bad and now I cant even boot up the phone.

When I hold the camera button nothing happence.

Upvote 0
No dude this is what happened.

1st time all went well got install everything even the fastboot....

Then I thought of installing the Gingerbread theme so since the recovery mode is not installed I tried to get in to fastboot and install it but it didn't work at all.

Then I thought of re-flashing (same 2.2) will fix this fastboot issue, but it all went bad and now I cant even boot up the phone.

When I hold the camera button nothing happence.

Ahh right I see, what went wrong when you tried to re install 2.2?

Upvote 0
That updated thing was successfully finished but the phone didn't get rebooted (seems like freeze).Removing and replacing battery won't work it just vibrate and nothing appears when I press power button.

Ah I see, well if you try to put the phone in fastboot and see what happens. Just hold the camera button and power on the phone, keep the camera button held for about 20 seconds, then let go, and try to flash CM via fastboot.

Upvote 0
I don't understand what you mean..?[/
The name of the auto file you created for CyanogenMod6.1/Android2.2 is the exact same name and size as the one you created for CyanogenMod7Android 2.3.! I justed wanted to check if it was right in case I broke my phone thats all dude!

woops, wrong link xD I'll fix that :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones