• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Daily Steal 5/2/12 - Atrix Laptop Dock $59.99

I checked this out the day you posted it but didn't buy it. I'm using Red Pocket Mobile with the Atrix 4G, and have 4G internet working. The laptop dock says I require an AT&T 4G tethering plan to use it, but do I really need it? Shouldn't I just be able to plug in and use my 4G through Red Pocket?

Upvote 0
I checked this out the day you posted it but didn't buy it. I'm using Red Pocket Mobile with the Atrix 4G, and have 4G internet working. The laptop dock says I require an AT&T 4G tethering plan to use it, but do I really need it? Shouldn't I just be able to plug in and use my 4G through Red Pocket?

You can use the lapdock without the tethering plan. (I do.) You only need tethering to use the Firefox browser. (You can use wifi and have access to the Firefox browser.) They didn't tell people that, because they wanted us to spend more money for data. I have the Lapdock and love it. I just use the mobile browser when not on wifi. The Lapdock is a great investment and worth the money. Make sure you know how to use it and its limitations, you will not be disappointed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones