• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Daily unlimited

The only benefit for me is that I switch between using virgin Mobile and boost a lot. My main reason for responding is bcz boost daily unlimited is supposed to increase to 3$ a day, current customers would be grandfathered in. I'm not sure how it would work if you decided to switch up and the return to the daily unlimited plan...If they'd let you remain at 2$ or increase it.. I'm honestly not sure about your other questions.

Upvote 0
I used it when I was working from home. I just used wifi/google voice/groove ip during the weekdays. The weekends are when I would add some money IF I really needed it, which was not all the time.

This was what I was considering (or something along these lines). So if I only needed to use the phone/3G/4G service 3 consecutive days out of the week, I could slap in $6 (or if kg is right $9) every Thursday, wait for funds to run out, and redeposit the following Thursday right?

That's all well and good, but it would be nice to have service on Tuesday (but not Monday) as that is a day that I am out. If I were to cancel my subscription with Boost, would that cancel everything that I have with them immediately? Or would I still have the same 60 day grace period to return just like what happens when you run out of funds on your account? Otherwise I might just go with Virgin's $35/month plan and get their HTC Evo 3D (thought I'm not really too fond of it's design).

@kg: When you say you switch between VM and BM a lot, how does that work exactly? Do you think you'd be able to keep your rate despite switching back and forth between carriers?

Upvote 0
This was what I was considering (or something along these lines). So if I only needed to use the phone/3G/4G service 3 consecutive days out of the week, I could slap in $6 (or if kg is right $9) every Thursday, wait for funds to run out, and redeposit the following Thursday right?

Yes. I would add money sometimes on Friday or Saturday.

Upvote 0

That's all well and good, but it would be nice to have service on Tuesday (but not Monday) as that is a day that I am out. If I were to cancel my subscription with Boost, would that cancel everything that I have with them immediately? Or would I still have the same 60 day grace period to return just like what happens when you run out of funds on your account? Otherwise I might just go with Virgin's $35/month plan and get their HTC Evo 3D (thought I'm not really too fond of it's design).

@kg: When you say you switch between VM and BM a lot, how does that work exactly? Do you think you'd be able to keep your rate despite switching back and forth between carriers?

I may use one phone one month and the other the next. I have Google voice, which the important ppl in my life know to contact me on. I don't know if I'll be able to keep my current daily unlmtd rate doing this after a while. The hyperlink with more info on the increase is available on Howard forums. If virgin comes out with a new high end phone I might port my BM # over and stay with them a while. It'll work better for me, because I'm not much of an talker. I also prefer virgin's warranty program.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones