1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

damn restarts!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Burglapfd, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Burglapfd

Burglapfd Lurker

Got my phoneon release and everything WAS perfect except for today when my phone restarted its self 3 times its aggravating me cause i spent 300 for this phone, any way to fix it or should i call verizon?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. murth

murth Member

I have not experienced this yet and I use my phone pretty heavily

3. Burglapfd

Burglapfd Lurker

So do i almost non stop wether im on the web or texting

4. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

Get a replacement ASAP! Mine has operated flawlessly since hour 1. Not one FC ('cept for the ones I caused freezing the wrong app! :eek: ), no reboots, no dropped calls ... nothun!

5. Burglapfd

Burglapfd Lurker

My luck :mad:

6. bbtkd

bbtkd Newbie

Could be an app. Might want to try removing a few suspected ones...

7. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert

You could always DL Lookout and scan your device for potential apps that could be the culprit. If nothing is evident, you may need to replace it.

I've yet to have a reboot and the only FC I've had was with the Market, but I'm pretty sure that was my doing as I was able to replicate it.

8. murth

murth Member

I've had the market FC issue and it's usually when i start rapidly queuing apps to download.

9. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert

Yup, that's the same issue I had here. It apparently doesn't like when you do that. lol

10. thatguy188

thatguy188 Android Enthusiast

I say take it back. Ive had 0 problems since the minute i had it in my hand.

Only had 1 restart but that was caused by the app Camera360. Uninstalled it again and no problems.

Vehtemas likes this.
  11. kathy2343

kathy2343 Newbie

I've had about 3-4 unexplained restarts too. I'm withholding judgment because I've been heavily configuring it over the weekend, including installing and configuring Go Launcher EX and doing multiple connections/disconnections to my computer to side-load files. But if it keeps doing it, I'll become concerned.

I've also had a number of apps disappear, but I'll post about that elsewhere. Have had to reinstall some of them several times.

12. dguy

dguy Android Expert

I have had one reboot and one hard lockup that required a battery pull since I got the phone.

13. New Rising

New Rising Android Enthusiast

I've had like 2 or 3 random reboots, I haven't had to pull the battery yet though. I hope it's nothing, I kinda wanna take it back just in case. If it happens again I'll consider exchanging it for a new Bionic.

14. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

My phone, to date, has had two occasions where it went black and required a battery pull.

I do not think this is that big of a deal however and has not happened since.

15. New Rising

New Rising Android Enthusiast

Yeah I'm not too worried about the couple of reboots I've had. Another thing is though my cell standby is constantly at 41% which I dont think is good.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews