• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Data Network Mode deactivates itself when phone is off

I took a chance and got the newest android update today and all seemed well until I reset the phone. I noticed Juice Defender had a little red dot indicating no data, so after some fiddling I realized my Data Network Mode was deactivated.

I thought it was a one-time thing, but when the phone was sitting for a half hour or so I had to manually reactivate it. I've done this at least six times in the past couple of hours and I haven't been able to find an option to keep this on like it was before the update.

What did the update screw up?

On the off chance the Sprint towers are actually working (pffftttt) I'd like the phone to work.

I did see a post on the forums about Juice Defender doing this to the Samsung Galaxy S2 but I've been using that app for several months with no problem. It's just been in the past couple of hours since the update.

Thanks in advance!

I took a chance and got the newest android update today and all seemed well until I reset the phone. I noticed Juice Defender had a little red dot indicating no data, so after some fiddling I realized my Data Network Mode was deactivated.

I thought it was a one-time thing, but when the phone was sitting for a half hour or so I had to manually reactivate it. I've done this at least six times in the past couple of hours and I haven't been able to find an option to keep this on like it was before the update.

What did the update screw up?

On the off chance the Sprint towers are actually working (pffftttt) I'd like the phone to work.

I did see a post on the forums about Juice Defender doing this to the Samsung Galaxy S2 but I've been using that app for several months with no problem. It's just been in the past couple of hours since the update.

Thanks in advance!

Try disabling Juice Defender, since that seems to be everyone else's problem.
Personally I've found everything runs better when I don't use task killers.

Reactions: severina
Upvote 0
I deleted Juice Defender last night in frustration. It'd been on there since maybe April and while it didn't seem to do a huge amount of good it didn't seem to do any harm either.

I've become accustomed to charging this thing every day because of my constant fooling with apps so I may have rendered Juice Defender useless anyway. :p

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones