• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Date and Time setting getting overridden

D

droidrockz

Under Settings -> Date and Time, whenever I set a Date to a future or past number, it gets overridden by the Network/WiFi. I've made sure that I've unchecked the Automatic option. Anyone have any ideas why this is?

When I turn off my Network(3G) and WiFi, I'm able to set the Date to whatever I want without it getting reset like 2 seconds later.

Just outta curiosity...and testing out the built in functionality. If I interpret it correctly, unchecking the "Automatic" option should let me set whatever date I want to without being overridden. Might this be a bug? Does this happen to someone else?

Upvote 0
I just tried it on my Eris. Apparently it lets me do it without a problem. Did you try restarting your phone? The automatic setting might not be disabling properly.

I'm using Android 2.1 v2 with VanillaDroid ROM. If your using stock 1.5, it MIGHT be a problem, but I can't imagine why. The network and system clock are pretty basic functions of a cell phone and cellular network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones