• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root DD10 Released

when i boot into recovery mode i don't have anything like clearing cache, i only have :
1. reboot system now
2. apply sdcard: update.zip
3. wipe data/factory reset
4. wipe cache partition

when i click apply update.zip it says

"install from sdcard...
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
e:signature verification failed
installation aborted.
"

If you are seeing the above options I don't believe you have the right recovery. I would head back to post 13 of this thread and read the requirements again. "apply sdcard:Update.zip" is not part of joey's recovery 2.1.3. Its an older recovery version.

Again, I would go back to post # 14 of this thread by cosine83. He has it in pretty plain language.

idk what to do? i put those 2 files in the sd card root folder.

EDIT": Nevermind......It was already answered.

Upvote 0
Well seems some of the things that are most disruptive to me, are still disruptive, even after DD10, so I hope there is still some work going on before final release. GPS still sucks, never can find me on Maps, wifes Blackberry instantly identifies us, and BB driving directions are great. Still getting beeps when service is interupted with no disable available. Can not seem to get Haptic keys to work either. Also I had to turn off notifications to stop the annoying tones when plugging and unplugging the unit now. Battery suffers dramtically when Background Data or WiFi is active too, plus I have to reboot to gain datas after using wifi or internet extendly almost constantly now.

Probably 50% better to me overall with the things it does correct, international call, speaker/mute cheek issues, overall performance as well.

Upvote 0
Android2.1-DD10-SDX-update.zip
system_update_dd10.tar (this does not come into play ANYWHERE except inside the .zip file itself, so don't do anything with it except have it present on your SD card with the .zip file)
My daughter has a Vista laptop that wants to dl/save the .zip file as a zip compressed "folder" My Vista laptop on the other hand saves it as a .zip file. Mine installed properly hers isn't even identified during the process. My computer has WinRAR installed, could that be the reason why mine worked and hers doesn't? Any suggestions? TIA

Upvote 0
My daughter has a Vista laptop that wants to dl/save the .zip file as a zip compressed "folder" My Vista laptop on the other hand saves it as a .zip file. Mine installed properly hers isn't even identified during the process. My computer has WinRAR installed, could that be the reason why mine worked and hers doesn't? Any suggestions? TIA

Yes, WinRAR would cause that because it re-associates how windows handles zip files. Whatever you do dont run/open the file because every computer will handle it differently. Just download it by right clicking on the link and choosing the "Save Target As" option.

Reactions: Stoney62
Upvote 0

A zip compressed "folder" is just the built-in support for zip archives in Windows that's been present since Windows XP SP1. Just don't worry about opening it, only save. WinRAR or built-in doesn't matter, they handle zips the same. Probably just got a bad download or bad transfer to SD, it happens.

Upvote 0
A zip compressed "folder" is just the built-in support for zip archives in Windows that's been present since Windows XP SP1. Just don't worry about opening it, only save. WinRAR or built-in doesn't matter, they handle zips the same. Probably just got a bad download or bad transfer to SD, it happens.
She has tried it multiple times, it has not worked. She saved it to her desktop several times, transferred them to her SD and the zip file didn't show as an option when applying zip from SD.

Upvote 0
Yes, WinRAR would cause that because it re-associates how windows handles zip files. Whatever you do dont run/open the file because every computer will handle it differently. Just download it by right clicking on the link and choosing the "Save Target As" option.
Perfect!!! Merely saving it to the desktop didn't work. Thanks loads.
This may not be the right place, but I'm going to ask it anyhow.
In Helix Launcher, how do you select which of the 5 pages you want to be the home page? And what's so special about live wallpaper? I like having the 4 icons at the bottom of each page. But that's the only benefit I can see over PandaHome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones