1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Default Gmail account

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AlphaKingBetU, Feb 1, 2010.

1. AlphaKingBetU

AlphaKingBetU Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Newbie here!
    I forgot my gmail account password when purchasing my Eris and the sales person set one up for me and also said i can later switch my account once i rememebred the old one. Well...she spelled my name wrong and it seems like i cannot delete the default account or switch to my previous existing account.

I wanted to uninstall gmail and reinstall but this app is not available. is this a possible solution?

Any suggestions of what i can do to restart my default gmail account setup associated with my verizon/droid phone?

Thanks guys!

Advertisement

2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    Go to settings>apps>manage app> find gmail, click it, clear data, go back to gmail app....is should ask you to log in

3. AlphaKingBetU

AlphaKingBetU Member

Feb 1, 2010
    ive only searched a few threads and in both Caddyman had the answers! I will confirm this suggestion and reply back...Thanks Caddyman!

4. AlphaKingBetU

AlphaKingBetU Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Hi Caddyman. It seems that even after clearing the data and i go back to the gmail app it reloads the previous account.

Thanks for the help. Any other suggestions?

5. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    then you have to look at other google related apps and do the same thing, i had to do this when i first got the phone, just like you, and i went in and pretty much cleared anything that said google on it, it worked.

6. AlphaKingBetU

AlphaKingBetU Member

Feb 1, 2010
    I will give that a try since i havent used any other google related app....and...BAM it worked!

Big Thanks Caddyman!!!