1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Deleting Screen Captures and Clipboard

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Norm King, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Norm King

Norm King New Member

May 25, 2012
    Hi:

Since recently purchasing the Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet, I have inadvertently clicked the 'screen capture' tab several times. I can't figure out how to delete the captures even when looking at in the Gallery. When I click on a specific capture a garbage can appears for a second or so in the upper right corner and then fades out/disappears. I quickly tried to drag this picture to the can...but the entire page moves and I have no success in deleting the captures either one at a time or all together. Can you suggest the quickest way to delete please. Is there a similar process for what may be on the clipboard? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009

Have you tried long pressing the screenshot and see if a menu pops up with the option to delete it?

Also if the Galaxy tab 2 is the same as the galaxy tab plus, I think there's a way to disable or change that screenshot icon but only if you want to. I don't have my tablet with me, but I believe in settings under display there's an option to change that homescreen shortcut. I changed it to open the app drawer because I always ended up hitting that stupid screenshot button too many times. :p

3. chopstks

chopstks New Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Try press and hold on the capture pic for a sec till the garbage shows up. You will be ask whether you want to delete it. You can change the capture button to apps button and I think it's under Settings.

4. mukidi01

mukidi01 New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    hi i have a galaxy tab 2 10.1 and right now icant type anything in app, even on google search. can anyone help me with a solution? my tab is running android 4.0.3

5. 12jazzie

12jazzie New Member

Jun 18, 2013
    I'll give your suggestions a try. Thanks for the advice.