• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire music player bug.

pspbricker

Dec 11, 2009
Actually noticed this on YouTube first.

When you first launch the music application on the Desire, you see all the albums in a coverflow style display. Flick left/right and the albums scroll nicely along. Now tap the "list" button on the bottom left. At the bottom you can now scroll along to display "Artists, Albums, Playlists etc."
Scroll to "Albums" and open a song. Now you will see the cover art of the album playing - but cover flow is gone. There is also no way back into cover flow.
Just a little thing I know - anyone else notice it? Or am I missing something?

I just had a go following your instructions and yeah you are spot on with that. Honestly though i don't think its a "bug" or anything with the desire, most times you would use the headphones phone controls to change a song, and even so there are pretty large direction buttons to change the songs as well, so im guessing the need to "flick" the display isnt a priority........?

Upvote 0
hi dont know if i am posting this in correct place but i have problem with music hope somebody can help .i have used album art grabber to get art covers for my songs but when i play them via the music widget the covers do not match the songs even though they match in album art gabber,any ideas please.many thanks

Upvote 0
@pspbricker - I believe that behaviour is by design, because you are listening to music that's all from the same album, therefore the "cover" (which is what you're browsing by when you use the coverflow interface) is the same for each track. The coverflow interface works as soon as the number of covers in your playlist is greater than 1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones