• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire partially boots at random?

Rafalema

Jan 22, 2011
Finland
Hello..

I have this problem with my Desire, has gotten really annoying 'cause I miss some calls because of it :(

So, sometimes when I'm using it, sometimes at random, the phone freezes for just a sec, shuts down all apps and goes to the input PIN screen. The SD card preparation symbol is there for a while, but all the widgets and other SD card things still work.

After I input the PIN, it instantly goes to my homescreen on Sense, everything ready.
But after inputting the code, if I instantly go to Phone app to call someone, that app lags and I cannot call anyone until I reboot the phone. :(

So, do you guys think the problem in the SIM card or somewhere else?

Thanks!

Pardon my stupidity, but what is a 'RUU'? custom ROM? something awesome?
Nothing awesome, I'm afraid :)

It's a ROM Update Utility - a Windows program that will replace the phone's software completely. They don't install custom ROMs, but rather official HTC software.

There's more information in SUroot's rooting FAQ, linked from the sticky post in the root subforum (which there's a link to in my sig).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones