• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire S user looking for hints an tips!

Hi all,

I have recently (1 month) bought my first Android phone (HTC Desire S) and am enjoying it immensely!

Looking forward to getting involved here as after a month of Android use, I am really interested in ways to get the most out of the device, from both the software and hardware angle.

I also have access to a Samsung Galaxy S and would be interested to hear comparisons of the HTC and Samsung versions of Android.

Agentfortune

Welcome to Android Forums!

Other than hardware differences, the immediate differences you'll see with a Samsung and HTC phone is their home screens (aka launchers). Samsung uses TouchWiz and HTC uses Sense UI. Each has a unique set of features in addition to basic android. If, however, you want to get a true comparison of the hardware, you can install the same third party launcher on each phone and then compare. Some of the popular launchers are ADW, LuncherPro and Go Launcher.

Reactions: agentfortune
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones