• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Desire XT9 disable?

Hi everyone, have had my desire for a couple of weeks now and loving it, just one point thats frustrating the hell out of me is why when sending a txt message using the "phone" style keypad you can't disable the XT9 setting, ive turned it off in settings etc and it will still default back to XT9 when you navigate away to add a smiley etc, had a good search on here and on the net for a solution and no luck!

Maybe i'm missing something obvious! but i detest predictive texting - prefer to type my own letters lol

Any help or maybe an app that will sort this?

Thanks in advance

CaptainFishy

I'm amazed that, with all this chatter, no one in this thread has answered the CORRECT way access the XT9 toggle settings.

In Froyo (as implemented on the HTC Incredible), the correct way to find the prediction settings are:

Settings -> Language & Keyboard -> Touch Input -> Text Input

From there you can toggle all the predictions, word completion, and spell correction for each keyboard as you see fit.

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones