• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Desire z to Cha Cha

I was thinking about switching to Cha Cha from Desire Z, just want to know the pros and cons .

I like the look of the phone and the qwerty is easy for me to handle (I have arthritis in my hands) . The Desire Z is quite heavy for me and I'm wondering if the cha cha is lighter and easier to use as well.

Thanks

G'day, Julianne! My wife just got this phone (the USA version is called the HTC Status) and she absolutely loves it so far. She insists on a qwerty-style phone, and hates sliders, so this was about our only choice available on ATT with Android. This is also her first real smartphone, so I am impressed at how well she is doing with learning the phone. It really is quite intuitive.

She loves the way the phone feels in her hand, both typing and while talking. The keyboard is really nice, especially compared to the Palm Centro, which she was using for 3.5 years! I was very concerned going in, because I had read a LOT of negative feedback about this phone, but the more I read, the more I realized the complaints were either from power-users who did not buy the correct hardware for their always-on-the-phone lifestyle, or from people who shouldn't be using a smartphone to begin with. She has encountered none of the biggest issues because she is neither a power-user nor a dolt!

Two weeks in, she is very happy. Hope this helps you with your decision-making process.

Cheers.

tim :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones