• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Destination does not support enhanced messaging?

Are you positive that the Droid X did not convert the message? I also did my test In fact I did a 960 character text which I send back to the Fascinate and its send it in one and receives in one. The reason I said that verizon won't fix it cause they known of the issue for a few years and don't do anything.

I think the difference there may be that you tried such a large example. Like you've said before the phone or messaging app your using probably converted a message that large to an MMS. Mine was an SMS, I viewed the properties of the message and made sure it stayed an SMS. I didn't do messages that large because generally people don't send messages that large. Mine were in the area of 200 characters and it stayed an SMS and was sent and received From Droid X to Droid X in one message.

My message sizes were all about the same size. Just the difference I had from Fascinate to Fascinate and from Droid X to Droid X should show that it is supported. Droid X works like it should, Fascinate was always two messages.

Upvote 0
Ok, I have an update on this. This is not an issue for Fascinates across the board. The day after Thanksgiving my wife got a Samsung Fascinate - we text often because she can not talk on the phone from her job. I *often* send her texts that are 300-400 characters easily from my Droid X. It may be that they arrive split into chunks, I'm not sure about that. But I NEVER got an annoying text telling me "destination does not support enhanced messaging service".

Fast forward. Last week I managed to step on her phone, and she had to get a replacement sent to her, which arrived on Monday. Even yesterday I sent her a couple long messages and did not get this stupid auto response. Earlier today I sent her one with no issue. Today, this afternoon, I got the error message twice in a row when trying to send two long texts.

So you CAN NOT tell me that this is

a) an issue with Verizon's network
b) an issue with all Fascinates

I can unequivocally state that this just started happening. Definitely with the arrival of her replacement phone, and possibly just this afternoon.

Reading the responses on the VZ forums from the Verizon reps stating that "these phones don't support ems and they will always do this" is condescending and patently false.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones