• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] Continuing Triumph ICS Development

Ok, so I was able to capture the strace from CM7 and CM9 (finally copied a CM7 update over, easier to compare than what I've been using for my daily, MIUI).

Quite a bit of stuff to dig through, and indeed the strace was too early to get entirely captured in logcat, but still useful. May need to do the full method I described before.

So far, the obvious issue I see is that in CM9, rild isn't able to open /data/radio/qmux_client_socket or /data/radio/qmux_connect_socket - they aren't there. UPDATE: which is because qmuxd isn't staying alive... getting closer.

Upvote 0
Pop the cork, let the champagne flow -- 3G is flowing! That was a long trail to follow. But it was a free (other than time) Android education :)

Need to clean up my sources to get them ready to give to mantera.

you sir, are the freakin man! :D just a question.... what exactly did you do? cause i would have no idea what to do lol :p

also, hows data on ics? like quality...

Upvote 0
Pop the cork, let the champagne flow -- 3G is flowing! That was a long trail to follow. But it was a free (other than time) Android education :)

Just a quick jump in to say thanks, to you and all your hard work, mantera, whyzor, hell everyone contributing in this effort. But definitely yumbrad, for stepping in as the resident pillar of knowledge. Way to go bro!

Upvote 0

Excellent! Don't forget to do a git rebase and squash all of your related changes in each repo into one or two commits only. Will make it easier to pull and also easier to look through in the history.

Upvote 0
Finally with this we can have an alpha build.. or wait we still need wifi huh?

Please use this thread only to discuss and help further along our ICS port on the Triumph.
Do NOT ask for an ETA.

If you don't agree to these rules, please move along.

There will be a release when the people working on it feel it is ready. Please be patient. :)

Also please try to keep the discussion in this thread development related. There is a separate thread for non development talk here: http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/492599-ics-developement-end-user-discussion.html :)

Upvote 0
you sir, are the freakin man! :D just a question.... what exactly did you do? cause i would have no idea what to do lol :p

also, hows data on ics? like quality...

Don't have time now, but I'll give a postmortem on what I did later, it would sure be helpful to have everything I went through in one google result here :)

Data seems fine, haven't tested it much. Looks like we need another sort of touchscreen fix, as it doesn't work within webkit on webpages (though it does in the bookmarks page). But I can go to bookmarks and see Yahoo, CNN, etc. Someone should do some before/after speed tests for curiosity's sake.

Upvote 0
Don't have time now, but I'll give a postmortem on what I did later, it would sure be helpful to have everything I went through in one google result here :)

Data seems fine, haven't tested it much. Looks like we need another sort of touchscreen fix, as it doesn't work within webkit on webpages (though it does in the bookmarks page). But I can go to bookmarks and see Yahoo, CNN, etc. Someone should do some before/after speed tests for curiosity's sake.

alrighty sounds cool :D i think what you did might be helpful in porting the next android version.... (im getting ahead of myself lol)

EDIT: were your changes in the kernel, framework, or both?

Upvote 0
Alrighty guys this is great.
Once you push the sources I will deff update my build. I have been looking into wifi but its very wierd the way are wifi module gets built compared to the other kernels I have worked on.....

Also the touch screen driver is still prolly getting interference from ICS somewhere.

I will look around to see what other people have done.

Guys we also need a tested gapps file that can go with an alpha build, so we dont get a bunch of people freakin out.

Upvote 0
Honestly, since the "update" for data from VM, I hardly use Wifi anymore. I've even got decent 3g at home, where I had none to speak of before.

Wait... What "update" was this? Never heard of it... I get 12kbps in buildings on MIUI, and around 0.3 Mbps max. Also, I live in a 5-bar area covered in 4G and LTE by multiple carriers, including Sprint.

Upvote 0
Wait... What "update" was this? Never heard of it... I get 12kbps in buildings on MIUI, and around 0.3 Mbps max. Also, I live in a 5-bar area covered in 4G and LTE by multiple carriers, including Sprint.

I live in the mountains and get 3g better than everyone else does here. And I don't mean you guys on the forum only in west Virginia.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones