• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DEV] Continuing Triumph ICS Development

Finally got camera connected but stopp uploadfromtaptalk1332528946135.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
thanks for that, I was using Isaac87's guide before. My biggest problem was that I was trying to do it using an Ubuntu VirtualBox in Windows 7. I kept running out of room on the virtual hard drive!

Speaking of VirtualBox, does that work or is it advisable? I never got far enough to test the adb and such.

When I set mine up at first I was using a virtual machine, but I kept getting issues and just decided to re-partition my hard drive. No issues since doing that.

Upvote 0
thanks for that, I was using Isaac87's guide before. My biggest problem was that I was trying to do it using an Ubuntu VirtualBox in Windows 7. I kept running out of room on the virtual hard drive!

Speaking of VirtualBox, does that work for development or is it not advisable? I never got far enough to test adb and such.

I actually use VMWare Server (it was free) but they've discontinued it now. The only issue that I have is the hanging sometimes when trying to do a repo sync. It's really annoying.

I originally set up a 100 GB hard disk for the virtual machine. I've since increased it to 200 GB and I'm down to 40 GB free now only. I hoard files too much. lol.

Upvote 0
I originally set up a 100 GB hard disk for the virtual machine. I've since increased it to 200 GB and I'm down to 40 GB free now only. I hoard files too much. lol.

The computer i'd like to dev on only has a 250gb drive in it and I save lots of stuff too. I was trying to set up the VirtualBox with 32gb virtual drive. Maxed it out before I even got off the ground.

Upvote 0
Quick Question if i cant get ubuntu on my labtop what else can i install so i can develop roms? Virtual Box will not install on my labtop i keep running into problems with VMware workstation?

I have not tried the free vmware player so I can't say for sure. If you have a copy of vmware workstation, which is the non-free version, then I'm pretty sure it would work since I think it's pretty much like the vmware server version that I'm using but with more features.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm trying it out now. thanks.

Edit: and no, I don't have a kernel version in between.

Cool thanks. it took me a while to try all the different kernels in my attempt to narrow it down. Then after i finished. i realized i should have started with the newest release first and worked my way back to the older ones. lol

Edit: I would love more than anything to help with kernel and software programming, but i too am having issues getting ubuntu on VM to work properly on my Toshiba laptop. I tried every version of ubuntu and watched many videos on different setups for VM and nothing works fully on my puter. :-( I have been trying since Isaac was porting miui. so i finally gave up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones