• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

DHD LED color change?

rjs1974

Lurker
Sep 20, 2010
Hi All,

Can you change the LED colour on the Desire HD? On the original Desire Handcent SMS for example let you change the notification colour to blue or red. The HD seems to have these options grayed out so you cannot select a different colour. Is this right or just a Handcent issue?

lol, what'd be cool (well to me anyways lol) is if we could mod the LED indicators so its along the whole row of the ear piece and make it lightup like KIT from Knight Rider...hehe, and have notification sounds with the voice of KIT and the sound effects and all that jazz!!!....o kim getting carried away with my self...

but back to the top...errr...yeah with Pen on this one, cant seem to find anything to change the lights into a rainbow of colours...sigh....

Upvote 0
If you go into Handcent and open an SMS from a contact, then click top right on the icon of a person, then click notification settings, there should be some options to select an LED color and blink frequency. These are grayed out for me, but did work perfectly on my original (on HD) Desire, so I find it hard to believe they installed an inferior LED on the DHD??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones