• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Dial Pad Lag?

nycxhobbes

Lurker
Sep 19, 2010
Hi all I just splurged on an Epic and I am loving the phone so far but I noticed a small glitch and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and if there is a solution. I noticed that the dialpad sometimes has a lag when entering numbers into the dial pad. To clarify:

Yesterday I was calling my cable service provider. I was prompted by the automated customer service sytem to enter in my phone number. At this point I had the phone to my ear and and in order to enter my phone number I then proceeded to remove the phone from my ear and started punching in the numbers. The phone screen awoke from sleep and as I started to punch in the numbers I noticed that the screen did not register my touch enteries right away. In fact I had to press the screen a couple of times before the screen press was registered and the correct selection was made. It only seems to occur under these circumstances: The phone screen is off due to the light sensor being covered while the phone is next to your ear. If you remove the phone from your ear and then proceed to enter numbers on the dialpad some lag does occur and the numbers do not show up immediately. In fact the screen will not even resgister the few one or two attempts at making a selection. Anyone else expierencing this pehnomenon, and if so is there a fix for it? Thanks in advance guys.

Don't know if it's the same thing but when I'm on a call and need to use the dial pad to punch in numbers the pad lights up but when I go to touch the number it goes off and on a few times and I cant get the number in unless I lay the phone down then it seems to work.. Anyone know why this may happen?.. Only had the phone about a week so I don't know if it's a setting or if something is wrong with the phone itself

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones