• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Did this ruin my S6? Digitizer replacement

I think i screwed my s6 up ...i accidentally cut that tiny ribbon cable that is part of the lower left button next to home button. Did this ruin my phone permanently? My new digitizer arrives tomorrow. If my phone is no longer repairable i wont even open the digitizer and i’ll send it back where i bought it.

Attachments

• E3C8CC26-C246-458C-8B1B-AB1BA7791BE4.jpeg
    E3C8CC26-C246-458C-8B1B-AB1BA7791BE4.jpeg
    331.9 KB · Views: 107
It depends on whether the home button is available as a separate repair part with the cable and whether it plugs in or is soldered to the main board. If it's available and a plug-in, then it would be possible to replace it yourself as long as you are comfortable with whatever additional disassembly and labor is required. Otherwise you'd need to have it professionally repaired which would probably be cost-prohibitive.

Reactions: Bg260 and Jfalls63
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones