• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Did you get a cover for your Acclaim?

My wife and I both got covers because we drop them a lot and choose not to pay for the insurance. I got the hard rubbery one for $25 at the US Cellular store (very dumb move) when I got the phone. My wife got this one here on eBay for $7.50 (w/ free shipping!!).

Both are durable and stay attached well, but I kind of like hers better cause it slides into my pocket easier.

We also bought iPhone screen protectors and cut them to size.

What do you have?

I want a screen protector and a hard rubber one, but with respect to them, US Cellular simply charge too much. I might have to look on eBay but I really don't like eBay. Screen protectors would be nice. The Acclaim actually comes with a screen protector on it; at least mine did. It's pretty seamless, except it bubbles up on the bottom. It's not a deal-breaker though (it was free I suppose). Not sure how I'll get it off of there. But I take very good care of my phones; I've seen phones 3-6 months old that looked worse than my last phone (a Motorola ROKR z6m slider) that I got in June 2008. (The phone still works great. I actually haven't seen a Motorola phone since that I've liked, including smartphones!)

Upvote 0
I bought the black hard case from US Cellular and I'm happy with it. I also bought the privacy screen protector, but I hated it! I took it off after less than one day. It made the touch screen much less responsive, and it muddled the look of the picture too much for me.

I have an extra screen protector for an iPod Touch that I'm going to trim to size. They're very similar in size, so it shouldn't take much to make it fit.

Upvote 0
I bought the hard black case from US Cellular because it was the only one they had. I like it, but I did have to replace it with a new one because it broke on the 3rd day. I took out the battery and one of the "clasps" that the case uses to attach itself to the phone snapped off. US Cellular happily replaced it with no problems and I have had it on and taken it off a few times since then with no problems.

I only paid $14.99 for my case. There wasnt any other choice in cases either. Just the hard black semi rubberized shell.

Upvote 0
I, too got the B*** G**** black rubberized case, unfortunately paid $21.95 for it and I hate it. Took me nearly an hour to get it off, and I was scared to death I was going to break my phone. I am never putting in on again. If someone wants it, send me a paid shipping/mailing label and you can have it!

Upvote 0
I was thinking of getting that one on ebay but it doesn't look like it will fit. It only has one hole for the camera so wouldn't it cover the flash? Also, the opening at the bottom doesn't look nearly big enough. Seems as though it would cover a few of my buttons down there. Is it different than the one pictured?
The ebay cover rocks. My wife and I both have one and have been pleased.. The small hole is for the speaker.. The larger hole on the other end is for camera and flash.. No buttons are blocked on front

Upvote 0
Reactions: nicto
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones