• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Did you regret buying htc desire?

the desire has blown me away ever since i bought it , the only improvement they coud do , is make the battery life better , other than that its just perfect .
oh yeh and i looked at the HD version today . ,,, yeh right,,,, looks impressive with the bigger screnn , but i couldnt live with that big ole lump in my pocket every day , so , nope there is nothing out there that i would swap my desire for .:p:D
friend of mine bought a iphone 4 ,,bwhahahah poor sod
and nope he cant swap it for mine , lol;)

Upvote 0
It's easy to just pop the little plastic circle out of the cover and the quality of photograph/video is increased by approximately 392%, according to my quick maths.
I did this over a couple of months ago and I've not really been acting any more careful with it, and I've had no problems or scratches or blots of dust or anything like that at all, so I'd highly recommend it.

The difference truly is just remarkable.

where do i get one ?????

Upvote 0
Absolutely love mine, Only thing that annoys me occasionally is lack of internal memory, which would be fixed if more developers would hurry up and support apps2sd for 2.2... Otherwise there is always rooting options.... Other than that it's a joy and I wouldn't trade it for anything else at the moment (Apart from maybe the Desire HD, but having used a WinMO HTC HD I found it to be too big).

Ben

Upvote 0
Android = epicly awesome bar the inability to completely cut off background data for specific apps.

HTC Sense = very good

HTC hardware = not great coming from Nokia.

I still am desperate for Nokia to go Android which won't happen any time soon, or for HTC to step up their cameras, flashes, durability and battery life. Oh and louder, clearer stereo speakers.

Upvote 0
the internal space was a big disappointment. how could they have such small internal space for applications? what the hell were they thinking? this is a smart phone.

the market place had no paid applications initially until the new update came out. i had to wait.

the phone is kind of laggy at times. i understand this is rather subjective, maybe i got a lemon.

lastly, the most regrettable part. HTC customer service for my country is very poor. our calls in our country are directed to the taiwan cso centre. the Taiwanese customer officer cant even speak understandable and basic English. moreover, the call quality to them is poor, i cant hear them properly.

imagine making a call to them with poor reception sound quality, understanding their pathetic English, and having to rephrase and repeat your sentences several times just to get a point across. and having to explain the 'technical' terms when your phone has problems.

but of course, there are good points about this phone too. however in response to the topic, these will suffice.

Upvote 0
Aside from what people touched on I love my Desire.

I think disappointment would be the last word I would choose. I am just a hog for technology and want the latest and greatest thing.

Downsides for the Desire:

1. Telus not getting AMOLED
2. Internal Memory Space
3. Not being able to turn HTC Sense off by choice without rooting.
4. Battery Life *Sometimes*
5. Color of bezel. Yes I really want a pure black one.

Other than that this is the best phone I have ever owned. Works perfectly. Looking forward to a new Desire sometime in 2011. Will probably save for that.

Reactions: exergy
Upvote 0
Downsides for the Desire:
1. Telus not getting AMOLED
I consider that a plus as the SLCD is just as good and is a bit better in sunlight.
2. Internal Memory Space
If you want lots of apps, yes it's an issue. I've trimmed my apps to what I actually use, and removed what I don't use. That's subjective though.
3. Not being able to turn HTC Sense off by choice without rooting.
You don't need to root if you want to run another launcher app.
4. Battery Life *Sometimes*
No issues with battery here...mine lasts the same as my iPhone.
5. Color of bezel. Yes I really want a pure black one.
Black is nice, but I like the brown/bronze colour. It's a phone afterall, so as long as it doesn't look awful, I'm usually happy with it.
:D

Upvote 0
I consider that a plus as the SLCD is just as good and is a bit better in sunlight.

If you want lots of apps, yes it's an issue. I've trimmed my apps to what I actually use, and removed what I don't use. That's subjective though.

You don't need to root if you want to run another launcher app.

No issues with battery here...mine lasts the same as my iPhone.

Black is nice, but I like the brown/bronze colour. It's a phone afterall, so as long as it doesn't look awful, I'm usually happy with it.
:D

Other than that this is the best phone I have ever owned. Works perfectly. Looking forward to a new Desire sometime in 2011. Will probably save for that.
[/QUOTE]

Yay I was quoted. I do love my phone don't get me wrong. Those are just the quirks I have. I use to have a droid and I miss the Vanilla Android just slightly. Though I think not having it is the issue for me. If I used it I would probably want sense back but since I can't have it I just want it more.

The SCLD is solid but it is nearly impossible for me to read in directly sunlight. I have gotten use to it and winter is coming so it won't be a real problem. I just really wanted AMOLED.

Love my Desire!

Upvote 0
I completely understand, I'm the same way. Subconsciously I posted that to help reassure myself that SLCD is ok and that I'm not less of a person for missing out on the AMOLED train. *sigh

Edit: Damn i just realized that these are my first posts, I've been lurking for so long it didn't even occur to me that i was loosing my Phandorid virginity. Hello AndroidFourms world!

Upvote 0
Love my Desire. Had it for almost 5 months now and to be honest, I still can't put it down. Usually the "honeymoon" period with a new phone, for me, lasts a few days but with the Desire I am still finding new stuff to do, ROMs to try, apps to try, layouts to mess about with amongst other things.

By far the best phone I have ever had.

The sheer level of customisation this phone offers keeps me interested.

So no, no regrets from me. And to think, I almost ended up with an iPhone but the rather nice chap at T-Mobile tried talking me into the Desire. I was having none of it until I read up on the net. SOLD!!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones