• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

differences between htc One X and htc One X+

I'm in the process of upgrading from my trusty old Desire HD. I was talked into trying out a Samsung Galaxy SIII, but I just didn't get on with it. One of the biggest dealbreakers was the lack of USB mass storage support in favour of the slower, less flexible and more unreliable MTP. I returned the SIII and decided to wait for the One X+. I spoke to several One X users, and they claimed that yes, good old HTC had retained USB mass storage support. "Great!", I thought, right up until I took delivery of the One X+ earlier this week. I plugged it into my PC, and lo and behold, MTP again. I want to swear to express how angry this makes me, but I don't know if that's permitted on this forum. HTC One X: USB mass storage. HTC One X+: Crippled with MTP-only. Hateful.

Upvote 0
I'm in the process of upgrading from my trusty old Desire HD. I was talked into trying out a Samsung Galaxy SIII, but I just didn't get on with it. One of the biggest dealbreakers was the lack of USB mass storage support in favour of the slower, less flexible and more unreliable MTP. I returned the SIII and decided to wait for the One X+. I spoke to several One X users, and they claimed that yes, good old HTC had retained USB mass storage support. "Great!", I thought, right up until I took delivery of the One X+ earlier this week. I plugged it into my PC, and lo and behold, MTP again. I want to swear to express how angry this makes me, but I don't know if that's permitted on this forum. HTC One X: USB mass storage. HTC One X+: Crippled with MTP-only. Hateful.

According to this review, the Plus does indeed have USB mass storage. TBH it would be really odd to remove such a feature on a mid-cycle update

HTC One X+ review | Android Central

Additionally, the phone boasts full USB host support, including the ability to connect mass storage and input device. It

Upvote 0
Size is the same and the case resellers are not making any distinction between the two models.

I have the same question but for the AT&T versions...does the AT&T version of the OneX+ use the international/GSM cases or the AT&T/XL cases?

Edit: Just chatted with Seidio about their Surface cases - they say that neither of the current HTC One X cases will work with the One X+.
Their responses when asked which surface case to use:
[FONT=&quot]Seidio: Unfortunately it appears that the HTC One X+ follows a slightly different design than the HTC One X, therefore the products will not be compatible
Me: Neither the One X (LTE) or the One X (GSM/International)?
Seidio: No, unfortunately they both don't fit, as your device has slightly different dimensions from the HTC One X[/FONT]

They did not have an ETA for when a new case would be available. I may try the One X GSM case anyway though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones