• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Different screen layouts depending on rotation?

Nagrom

Android Expert
May 28, 2010
Cheshire UK
Hi guys.

I've tried pretty much every launcher out there, but I've not seen any with this feature.

I use my phone as both a phone, and a tablet. I have my screens exactly how I want in portrait mode, but when I switch to landscape, the widgets obviously become distorted.

Is there a way of making a different screen layout depending on what mode your in?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Those distorted widgets are not properly coded to re-render itself. You'll need to restart the launcher to refresh the widgets. You could probably use tasker to restart the launcher on screen layout change... I personally haven't done it but in tasker that seems doable.

Then there are launchers that have built-in options to restart... but those are manually done.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones