• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Different User Profiles / Logins On Android 'Phones?

wyndysascha

Lurker
Jan 12, 2012
Hello All,

Seriously considering buying an Android 'phone, but have a query. Hope someone can answer, or direct me to somewhere that can help.

I use several Google accounts for differing things: a personal account; a business account; and an account for a charity I've set up. Each account has it's own email setup, calendars, and so on. Each thing also has other, non-Google accounts (e.g. their own Twitter feeds).

I'd like to buy a smartphone to help manage all these things on-the-go; obviously, I'd only like to have one 'phone!

Does an Android 'phone support several user profiles, as a PC would? That is, the ability to log-in and log-out as different users, so that each thing I want to do (personal, business, charity) is self-contained in terms of settings, passwords, etc?

Presumably, the alternative is to manually log-out and -in as different users within each app... I assume that that's do-able, if not the desired solution?

Thanks in advance!

No, not that I know off, but it does have apps that handle several accounts. For example, The stock Samsung app can easily handle 3 Gmail accounts with separate inboxes. Friendcaster if I remember correctly can handle multiple Facebook accounts. HootSuite can post and read feeds from multiple Facebook and Twitter accounts. The stock Calendar can also show Calendars from multiple Google accounts. They'd just be color coded. For example, blue for account one, red for account two, and green for account 3.

Reactions: wyndysascha
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones