• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable Bixby Voice - S8 Android 9

bwallard

Lurker
Feb 19, 2013
The procedure as documented here https://www.androidcentral.com/how-completely-disable-bixby does not describe my experience with Bugby.

The Bixby Home Settings menu offers only 'Customization Service' and 'About'.

'Customization Service' swipes to a list of apps.

'About' is informational only.

I would like to disable Bixby altogether but will be happy if I can disable only voice wake up so that I can use voice shoot on the camera.

Thank you for these helpful suggestions, however I have already remapped the Bixby button to open the voice recorder.

But Bixby is still configured to respond to voice commands.

I want to disable this so that I can set the camera to respond to voice commands. And I am having trouble bringing up the Bixby configuration wizard.

Upvote 0
Right! And when I try to set the voice controls in the camera. the app tells me that I can't set voice control on the camera while Bixby voice control is enabled.

Thgen when I go into Bixby settings I see no option to disable voice. There are only the options I give in my original post.

This is the problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones