• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable specific app notifications?

Ghost10bxl

Android Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2012
UK
Hello, I wanted to ask how can I set up a profile so that it prevents certain app from sending notifications. For example, at some times I want to be able receive texts, calls etc but only don't want my phone to vibrate/sound for specific apps e.g WhatsApp? However I still want it to send notifications to the notification bar so when I check my phone I know there is a message but don't want my phone to vibrate.

How can I do this?

If you're only interested in receiving calls and SMS texts during the "quiet time", you could just use Tasker to disable data (and wifi) connectivity during that period. This would prevent all apps from syncing while still allowing calls and SMS to come in.

Alternatively, the Tasker wiki has a pretty good tutorial for building a Quiet Hours profile with exceptions made for certain contacts. You should be able to start there and tailor it to your needs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones