• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disable system lock screen at startup

AWAWA

Lurker
Dec 25, 2015
I am trying to do this with tasker :

1. Enable the system pin/lock screen when I shut down the phone - done

2. then, when the phone reboots, after I log in for the first time through the system pin screen, I want to disable the system lock screen.

Is there any way to perform the second requirement in tasker?

So far I have tried commands for reboot, start monitoring, display unlock and the launch of a particular program that starts at reboot.

Nothing works. When I run these tasks manually, everything works perfectly.

I need to do this for additional security purposes at startup. My 3rd party locker starts a little while after reboot allowing access to home/apps/etc. This is a problem with all 3rd party lockers and I haven't been able to fix it, even with optimization, etc. The 3rd party locker provides many features that I want but which are not available on the system one.

I have a rooted Galaxy S3 on VZW, 4.4.2 android with Secure Settings and Tasker.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones