• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disabling SenseUI

lcgreen

Mar 28, 2010
Wondering if it is possible to disable the SenseUI skin from the Legend?

This is, I mean, able to enable it again when I feel like it.
I see "HTC Sense" in Manage Applications..what would happen if I press "Force stop" under controls, or Clear Data?

Just wondering, and too chicken to try it myself ><

(at least I admit it amirite?)

I have found the answer for teh people who are still reading this.

This doesn't require any rooting. You are left with the default Android theme, but only 3 homescreens. Also, it runs really fast, and NO lag while kinetic scrolling through my app filled menu(lags a bit on Sense).

Menu>Settings>Manage App>HTC Sense UI > clear default

then press Home hardware key, you get the option to choose whch Home to load, choose "select as default" and then Home. Simple?

You are now on the default theme. On a good note, all your widgets and shortcuts remain the same on Sense as you left it, and when you revert back, will be all there.

How to revert? Follow same instructions as before, except this time you go to Home in the Managa App list, and clear default. Then choose Sense UI when you press the hardware Home key.

enjoy~

Reactions: DarkestDreams
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones