• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Disastrous mod attempt - any solution?

amihk

Lurker
Sep 11, 2012
OK.. my iphone was recently stolen and since I wanted to wait for upcoming phone releases before buying a replacement, I went back to using my old Optimus One. But it was unbearably slow, so I got the idea to try to flash Cyanogenmod 7 to upgrade Android. Followed the instructions and sure enough the new OS was much smoother, but then realized it could not connect to any network. Then I flashed the unofficial cyanogenmod 9 and it was even smoother, but still no network. Flashed MIUI and same story. I read a bunch of troubleshooting websites and realized there was probably an issue with my baseband version (i had never even heard of the term "baseband"). So next I tried to update my baseband using "LGMDP" according to instructions on one website, but the software did not display any port option so I could not proceed. Next I tried to do it with KDZ according to directions on another website...proceeded with everything and rebooted. Now my phone will not do anything except display the android logo indefinitely, and I am out of ideas.

Is there anything I can do to go back to having a functioning phone (at this point I'll settle for any version of android)? Appreciate any advice - please use idiot-proof lingo!

Miraculously, after messing around for hours, I have got the phone running on the original Froyo version from LG again. I'm not even sure how I fixed it after trying instructions on all sorts of websites.

Now the question is - where can I find a painfree & idiot-proof set of directions to upgrade the OS, taking into account the baseband version and everything else? Which rom is the most hassle-free?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones