• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Disconnecting from PC

GeneD

Lurker
Dec 26, 2011
I installed the USB driver on my PC (Acer 1410) running Windows 7. I have no problem connecting and copying files, but there is nothing in the A100 user guide about disconnecting. Normally with Windows 7 I right-click the device in Windows Explorer and choose "Eject", after which I get message that I can safely disconnect. However, when I right-click "Acer ICONIA TAB A100", there is no "Eject" selection. I hesitate to just rip out the USB cable, so I have been shutting the computer down every time. How can I safely disconnect without shutting down?

Thanks for your response, jschall. I assume you mean Windows Explorer and any other program that might be actively accessing the device, such as file sych programs, or has opened files, such as Word or Excel. In other words, I don't have to worry about ejecting the device, as long as no program is accessing the device when I disconnect? Does this rule apply to other devices, such as flash drives?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones