• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [DISCONTINUED][ROM][5.1.1][MS345] Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 for LG Leon

I was literally just using OK Google to text while driving, and it gave me directions too when I asked.

Nvm just tried it and when it didn't understand me it rebooted. Which is weird because I've been using it a lot these past few days and that was the first reboot.
I use the leaked Cortana beta. Its a little buggy and can take some time to recognize what you asked, but its fun to play with and is pretty accurate

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if my battery is reporting accurately or not, I pulled the battery to see where it was at and when I replaced it and plugged into ac power it was reporting the way it should

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-21-16-10-17.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-21-16-10-17.png
    420.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_2015-07-21-16-10-04.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-21-16-10-04.png
    420.1 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0
I'm not sure if my battery is reporting accurately or not, I pulled the battery to see where it was at and when I replaced it and plugged into ac power it was reporting the way it should
*sigh*
It will only report accurately after a reboot and may-or-may not decrease in percentage. How accurate that is is unclear. It is BUGGED, meaning it doesn't work properly. Please read the past 7 pages reflecting this exact issue. WE KNOW

Reactions: Playaz
Upvote 0
*sigh*
It will only report accurately after a reboot and may-or-may not decrease in percentage. How accurate that is is unclear. It is BUGGED, meaning it doesn't work properly. Please read the past 7 pages reflecting this exact issue. WE KNOW
I know I was merely stating that my battery indicator was rising, when normally it stays a constant value no increase or decrease. But it appears that was only the battery normalizing from almost dead to a higher charge

Upvote 0
I'm not all that ignorant, but would a kernel be such as the build or as in something I'd do through xposed?

Just something that's flashed separate from the ROM and is tweaked using an app such as trickster, etc. Download it from the app store to get a general idea of some settings that can be adjusted or observed with the stock kernel. With a custom kernel and Trickster, etc. you can over clock, change color profiles, adjust audio gain, etc. A kernel is like the core of the operating system.

Upvote 0
So when are we going to get another build? Is there anyone else working on a different ROM? My F6 still has like 5 different ROMs on it. I would love Game Theory to do a ROM for this device.

It seems like all the cutting edge ROMs are always for the flagship devices. I would think that it would be a greater challenge to push a $100 phone to the limits instead of joining the crowded field on the Nexus 6's, etc. I would like to see a AOSP based build myself if anyone is interested. But, this CM12 build is so much smoother than stock that I'm dealing with its issues right now. I'm sure some fixes are on the way once the bugs are sorted out.

Reactions: Playaz and Rondeau7
Upvote 0
It seems like all the cutting edge ROMs are always for the flagship devices. I would think that it would be a greater challenge to push a $100 phone to the limits instead of joining the crowded field on the Nexus 6's, etc. I would like to see a AOSP based build myself if anyone is interested. But, this CM12 build is so much smoother than stock that I'm dealing with its issues right now. I'm sure some fixes are on the way once the bugs are sorted out.
We don't necessarily need so much as a whole new ROM as we do new kernels. Quite frankly I don't see what all the hub-bub is about all the "special features" of (insert ROM here) are. AOSP and CM are my go-tos because they are as barebones as anyone could possibly need. Is PIE really all that great? Do you super want a dark mode? Is MIUI really that impressive? Hide your navbar and fullscreen mode? There's an app for that. Plus most ROMs are built from CM or AOSP base anyway. There all the same in my opinion.
Kernels are where the magic happens. Swipe2wake, doubletap, hover control, overclock, Linaro optimization, sound mods, screen control, i/o schedulers, cpu governors, stability...the possibilities are endless. My hope is that @pattyboi or someone is working on a new kernel for either stock or CM. Most issues and features that are worth working into a ROM are kernel based.
As for pushing a $100 device over the edge...my dual core ZTE Awe smoked most quad core stock devices in terms of benchmarks and overall performance with its overclocked kernel. It was such a weak device before it was opened up. At 1.9ghz from its stock 1.2GHz that beast did amazing things.
It can be done and I hope for sure it does. I've still got my unlocked bootloader as I never upgraded stock so I'm hoping any bootloader related issues will be null for me and those who followed suit. I immediately installed CM as soon as it was available and I plan to stick with it til the end. If I new anything about kernel development (or if I even had a computer) I'd be on it in a heartbeat. Someone will turn up with the features I mentioned, I just know it. There's a lot of untapped potential in the Leon. We just need someone to dig into it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones